New Product Development
Acumentia’s consultants are highly experienced in early phase formulation and product development across the full spectrum of foods and beverages, ingredients and processes, as well as possessing an in-depth understanding of the regulations that govern the current international food market. We are well placed to advise on the creation of healthier food formulations, including low fat and reduced sugar items or fortified food forms. Our expertise also encompasses nutraceuticals and veterinary products.
We offer a hands-on approach to development projects supporting concept development through to commercialisation and everything in-between. Our consultants provide innovative solutions where industrial sectors overlap, such as functional foods (food-pharma), dietary supplements (food-pharma) and controlled release products (pharma-food).
Our consultants have experience of working with ingredients like acids, carbohydrates, preservatives, flavours and polymers in areas such as beverage distillation, dietary supplement manufacture and condiment production. The range of services we currently offer includes:
- Market review and product opportunity analysis
- New product development: working with multi-disciplinary teams to achieve product launches meeting budgetary, timing, legislative, production, shelf-life and marketing claim requirements
- Experimental design and technology review to produce lateral solutions for new and existing technical challenges
- Product optimisation for appearance, taste, texture and overall acceptability
- Ingredient rationalisation for functionality, quality, cost and overall product performance
- Production scale up and processing optimisation
- Contract manufacture sourcing
A wide range of expertise
To find out more about what we do or to find a consultant who can fulfil your requirements, search for or browse our services.